- “What is mom’s stage of dementia? How much longer do you think she has?”
- “How do I get her to stop getting up at night? I’m worried she may leave the house.”
- “I lose my patience with my dad alot. He makes the same mistakes over and over again…No matter how many times I try to help him do things the right way, he just doesn’t get it…that’s when I lose my temper….I feel like a terrible son.”
- “ She can’t do the things she used to love. She was a baker…an artist..a teacher…now she just sits and watches TV….it’s so depressing.”
- “My wife hates to shower. She yells and tries to hit me. Am I supposed to just walk away? It’s my job to make sure she stays clean!”
Hebrew Senior Care offers Alzheimer’s Association endorsed support groups. Our support group facilitators have decades of experience as support group leaders; and all have been specially trained by the Alzheimer’s Association to lead the groups.
Presently, we offer two ongoing, open support groups. No RSVP’s are required. However, we do encourage individuals to contact one of the leaders to learn more about each group. To learn more about Support Groups click here.